ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Technology Facilitated Abuse is 'the use of digital technology to threaten, harass, monitor and control another person remotely.’
- ‘Tracking via mobile phone apps
- Monitoring through the access of online bank accounts
- Threats to the partner via social media.
- Technology Facilitated Abuse is often linked to stalking as they may occur together.'
- Sending abusive text messages or emails
- Making continuous threatening phone calls
To the young ones, I encourage you to keep your body parts to yourself, sexting is not the best way of showing your love. Many people have fallen when their intimate photos and videos have been shared online without their consent (“revenge porn”) and your body is the temple of the God.
The National Sexual Assault, Family & Domestic Violence Counselling Line – 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732) – is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for any Australian who has experienced, or is at risk of, family and domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
Tinashe Angeline La